Balancing & Control Valves
Masterflow is a major wholesaler of manual balancing and control valves, Pressure independent control valves (PICV) and automatic balancing valves. Contact Masterflow Solutions for a complete engineered solution for your valve requirements.
Oventrop Aquanova – Aquastrom balancing valves
- Aquastrom C and Aquastrom VT
for the balancing of hot water re-circulation systems. These products are commonly found in medium to large residential, commercial, hotels and hospitals etc. as being part of the potable hot water supply, fit the hydraulic plumbing sector.Both products are now Watermarked and have been installed locally across Australia.
- Aquastrom C
is a manual balancing valve, and Aquastrom VT is automated set and forget temperature and residual flow management.
- Aquastrom VT
also has a thermal disinfection process. Where raising the boiler temperature for a short period of time to circa 65c+ the valves open 100% and provide a thermal flush of the recirculation system. This thermal flush assists to kill off legionella spores, as they die swiftly at temperatures above 65c. This is further explained in the brochure and as part of the Aquanova technical seminar that Masterflow offers.
Masterflow offers its distribution partners and customers, potable hot water recirculation system design drawings in our OV selection program.
This enables the consultant and contractor to have complete confidence in the system design, as we include the recirculation system pump head loss calculations, and precise balancing valve selections and pre-setting details. This ensure the system is balanced on thermal balancing techniques, not just flow as most consultants still call for in designs. Balancing on just flow is completely wrong, to ensure system hygiene and energy efficiency is maintained.
The Aquastrom range, is a valve that a plumber can easily set and adjust. It is supplied with the correct instrument a plumber can read, a thermometer. All others in the market require a manometer, as used in the HVAC industry to commission and prove precise flow rate management.
Advantages Aquastrom C
1. Only one valve for five functions, pre-setting, isolating, temperature indication, system filling, draining or test point for legionella sampling
2. DN15 to DN32 female threaded, standard with insulation shell, thermometer and PN25 rating to 150 °C
3. Valve body and bonnet made of bronze, disc and stem made of dezincification resistant brass, disc with PTFE seal and maintenance free double O-ring seal
4.Watermarked approved by a JAS-ANZ accredited body
Advantages Aquastrom VT
1. Automatic thermal control range between 50 °C and 65 °C with +/- 1 °C accuracy
2. Support of thermal disinfection, through volume flow increase at approx. 6 °C above set temperature quickly reaching riser legionella kill off temperatures, refer to insert 4
3. Residual flow capability, with 6 presentable values to maintain system hydronic balance, refer insert 3
4. Self-cleaning valve assembly, and valve made from corrosion resistant bronze material
5. Lead lockable to prevent tampering, post commissioning
6. DN15 to DN20 female threaded, standard with insulation shell thermometer and PN16 rating to 90°C
7.Watermarked approved by a JAS-ANZ accredited body
Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of HVAC chiller systems
Control and balancing valves are key to the effectiveness and efficiency of an HVAC system. The valves regulate the flow of liquids in the system and create a consistent output pressure from an inconsistent input pressure.
Keeping operational costs at a minimum for boiler systems
When energy is not properly transferred to the boiler’s heating coils, the water temperature won’t be sufficient to allow the boiler to condense. Our range of control and balancing valves reduces flow rate to minimise equipment needed to heat or cool water.
Oventrop Balancing Valves and Controls
We source our balancing valves and controls from Oventrop, one of Europe’s leading manufacturers. Their range of products contributes to the achievement of hydronic balancing or the optimum water distribution in heating and cooling systems.
Cocon QTR/QFC: Pressure independent control valve
Combining a regulating valve and an automatic flow regulator, the Cocon QTR/QFC is a two-in-one fluid balancing and control solution. The valve is suitable for temperature control and dynamic hydronic balancing of HVAC systems.
Thermostatic radiator valves Series QV
These thermostatic radiator valves have a thermostatic valve and a diaphragm controlled flow regulator, making hydronic balancing easy to carry out. The valves offer numerous advantages including automatic hydronic balancing at the terminal unit and constant flow value.
We look forward to the opportunity of
Please contact us with your requirements; we are always ready to listen.